Prof.(Dr.) V.D.Patil, MD DCH
K.L.E. Acadeny of Higher Education & Research, Belagavi
Dr. V D Patil joined as a Lecturer in the Deprtment of Paediatrics at J N Medical College, Belgaum in March 1976. Since then he has been involved with the college in various capacities for the last 36 years and has been in the Principal of J N Medical College Belgaum since August 2002 to August 2012. From 1st September 2012 he has taken over the charge as Registrar KLE University . He is Chief Pediatrician at Dr. KLES Prabkakar Kore Hospital & MRC Belgaum since its inception in 1987. Dr. V D Patil has been awarded the WHO Fellowship in MCH Programme.
UNIQUE ACHIEVEMENTS :-
- President of Indian Academy of Pediatric Karnataka State Chapter.
- President of Pediatric Intensive Care, Karnataka Chapter for 2007-2009.
- Examiner for both Under-graduate and Post-graduate students of various Universities.
- Initiated the concept of Neonatal care in the Belgaum region of North Karnataka in 1976, by starting a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, at District Hospital, Belgaum which has witnessed an enormous growth and is instrumental in starting the state of the art Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at KLES Hospital and Medical Research Centre.
- Instrumental in developing the World Health Organization concept of Baby Friendly Hospital in the Belgaum region of North Karnataka and has got recognition for both the hospitals i.e. District Hospital Belgaum and KLES Hospital and M R C Belgaum in 1996.
- He was deputed by the KLE Society to the University of Illinois, Chicago U.S.A. for training in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. With this background, a well equipped Pediatric Intensive Care Unit has been established which caters to the need of Critical Care Children in the Belgaum region, indeed, the first of its kind in North Karnataka.
- He was further instrumental in starting one of the first Perinatal Centre at KLES Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital, attached to J N Medical College, Belgaum.
- Country co-ordinator for Neonatal Research Project for Global Site “8” NIH, USA.
- Was honored as one of the nine distinguished teachers in Karnataka State, by State Indian Medical Association in 2012.
- Advisory member member for the collaboration of March of Dimes, U.S.A. and KLES Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital and M R C and J N Medical College, Belgaum, alliance to improve Perinatal Health Education of Primary Care Practitioners in the district of Belgaum.
- With the constant support of management and as per the directions of Honorable Chancellor Dr. Prabhakar Kore he was instrumental in establishment 1200 bedded Charitable hospital which is the main source for clinical teaching for post-graduate and under-graduate.
- Has organized many CME’s both national and international, two State conference and one South Zone conference at Belgaum.