Revolution in information technology and communication technology has radically continued to challenge and reshape the library environment and services generally. Medical libraries are not immune from this innocuous change. Medical libraries face additional challenges that are unique to the health care system. These challenges include continuous medical research on ever emerging health issues and health care policies. The Main Moto of our Digital Library is to provide all promising and up-to-date World Wide Web Information available to the Students, Scholars,Teachers and Doctors of KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research, Belagavi.
The Infrastructure of Digital Library is developed in an approximate 2000 sq ft carpet area in ground floor of the Library Building. UG, PG, & Staff are provided with separate space. It also includes Librarian, Server, Maintenance and Reception cum Waiting Room. The Digital Library is designedwith state of art interior and ambience. The Digital Library has Continuous Powerback-up and is air-conditioned.
Total No of Terminals:
- 60 + 8
- For UG = 28
- For PG = 19
- For Staff = 12
- For HOD = 09
E – Journals :- ( HELINET) (2019) 1900+
E – Books :- ( HELINET) (2019) 3835+
Digital Library Timings:
- From 9.00 am to 10.00 pm on all working days
- From 10.30 am to 5.30 pm on Sundays & Other Hoildays
- General Shift 11.00 am to 06.00 Pm
- Morning Shift 09.00 am to 04.00 pm
- Evening Shirt 03.00 pm to 10.00 pm
Facilities and Services
- All the Computers are Internet Connected.
- The internet connection is with 1 GBPS – NKN Connection + 20 MBPS internet Bandwidth
- The operating system implemented is Windows Vista Business
- The software implemented Microsoft Office-2007
- Communication through E-mail ( email@example.com )
- Browsing of World Wide Web
- Institutional Repository of KLE University (Thesis,Dissertations, and Previous years Question Papers, Faculty Publication, Projects etc.)
- Helinet, E- Journals consists of 4 database (RGUHS,)
- Online search for E-Journals, E- Books & Articles
- Online Reference Books
- Practice Guidelines Drug Information
- Printouts, CD – Writing, Scanning
Rules and Regulations
- dentity Card must be presented and deposited before using the Digital Library Facility.
- Students should have their registered accounts and activated at the Digital Library and must use their own account.
- The use of the Digital Library Facility is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Maximum use of Digital Library Facility to UG Students is 1 hour/day and PG Students is 2 hours/day.
- Silence shall be observed at all times. Loud conversations and misbehavior inside the Digital Library will not be tolerated.
- Chewing of gums and eating/drinking inside the Digital Library are not allowed.
- Recreational activities like playing games, audio/video streaming, online chatting and accessing social networking sites are prohibited.
- Downloading, installing and running of software other than those already installed on the computer stations are not allowed.
- Downloading and accessing/opening of pornographic sites and materials are not allowed.
- Illegal/Unlawful activities such as (but not limited to) hacking, deleting of files, changing/tweaking of system configurations/passwords resulting to damage of systems and networks are prohibited.
- Users may not tamper with any equipment inside the facility, specially the computer units. In case of hardware/software problems, ask assistance from the staff on duty.
- Use of Mobiles is strictly prohibited inside the library premises.
- The Digital Library staff on duty has the right to request the user to leave the premises if he/she is found to be violating any of these rules.
- Please co-operate with Digital library Staff.
An Institutional Repository is a Database with a set of Services to Capture, Store, Index, Preserve and Redistribute a University’s Scholarly Research in Digital Formats.
This Institutional Repository has been created to collect, Preserve and Distribute the Scholarly Output of PG Dissertations Submitted by PG Students, PhD Thesis, Previous Year Question Papers & Projects Under Various Faculties of KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research, Belagavi. This will work as an Important Tool to Facilitate Scholarly Communication and Preserve the Institution Knowledge. The Dr S.G. Desai Library (Digital Library) Proud to be Host the Repository and Work for the Dissemination and Preservation of Knowledge Resource of KAHER Community
A reservoir of Indian Theses – The Shodhganga@INFLIBNET Centre provides a platform for Research Students to Deposit their Ph.D. Theses and make it Available to the Entire Scholarly Community in an Open Access. The Repository has the Ability to Capture, Index, Store, Disseminate and Preserve ETDs Submitted by the Researchers…
The Library Search Engine is a web-enabled search engine that can be accessed on Intranet, as well as on Internet. EPAC can be used to browse/search for an item (book/non-book), along with its details and the Availability, in a Particular Library. Online Journals Subscribed by the Library can also be Searched and Accessed Through EPAC.
E – Journals
Electronic Journals Gateways/Database
KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research, Belagavi. is the member of HELINET Consortium (Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science, Bengaluru ) (RGUHS). The consortium consists of the following Databases.
E – Books
KLE Academy of Higher Education & Research, Belagavi is the member of HELINET Consortium (Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science) (RGUHS). The consortium consists of the fallowing Jaypee Digital, Springer Verlag, selected List of E-books on one time procurement under HELINET Consortium for Complete Professional & Reference titles in Medicine, Dental, Nursing, Pharmacy, Ayurveda and Physiotherapy.
E – Learning
KLE Academy of Higher Education & Research, Belagavi has taken the unprecedented step in establishing an electronic learning facility on the campus with the help of MEdRC based in Hyderabad, AP.MEdRC has been doing pioneering work in developing rich multimedia based e-learning programs (SmarTeach Programs) to address the educational needs of medical and healthcare professionals.
KLE Academy of Higher Education & Research, Belagavi Library has also the facility to give access to outside the Campus Network to restricted access Website.The Authenticate users by User Name& Password .Allows Library patrons at off campus to log in through their library’s (EZproxy) remote access and gain access to Bibliographic databases & the like to which their Library subscribed.
Free E – Resources
- PMC Journals
- Cochrane Library
- Free Medical Journals
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- JURN Directory
- GFMER Free eJournals
- BioMed Central
- Electronic Journals Library
- POPLINE Database
- Science Reference Services
- SciELO – Scientific Electronic Library Online
- NISCAIR Online Periodicals Repository
- Intech Books & Journals
- Free eBooks for Doctors
Online News Papers and Magazines
|English E- News Papers:|