Intensive course in Research Methodology & Biostatistics
Weekly schedule for Regular students
Objective: The Intensive Course is designed to gain specialized knowledge and skills required to design, monitor and manage research in Medical and Allied fields. Intensive Course in Research Methodology and Biostatistics covers syllabi of Applied Statistics of Medical UG/PGs.
Furthermore, the syllabus of Intensive Course is made keeping in mind Ph. D. Entrance Examinations of various Universities.
|Basic Statistical Methods (18L+12P)||
|Methods in Epidemiology (16L+14P)||
|Introduction about Thesis Structure & Topic (5L+10P)||
|Preparation of Data and Analysis Using EXCEL & SPSS (8L+7P)||
Note: Laptop is mandatory for the Participants.
Full Time: The course is 3 Weeks, 5 days a Week, 9 am to 5 pm.
Part Time: The course is 5 Weeks, 5 days a week (Monday to Friday) 2 to 5pm.
Scheme of Examination
- On the last day of the course, Examination comprising one Theory and one Practical of three hours duration each will be arranged.
- Full time participants will be assessed on each Monday as feedback, and the marks obtained will be treated as Internal Assessment.
- Part Time Course Students will be assessed on 3rd and 5th Monday for Internal Assessment.
- Interested participants can complete their practical assignments and research during the course or thereafter.
- Faculty, Scholars, UG & PG students from Health, Medicine and Allied disciplines interested in research, or preparing for competitive examination will be eligible.
- Maximum intake is 30 on First Come First Served basis.
The Certificates will be with grades
|Grade||Marks in Assessments|
|B||60% but less than 75%|
|C||50% but less than 60%|
Participants with <50% marks will have to appear for examination with the subsequent batch, to become eligible for Certificate.
Fees for the course
- No fee for Ph.D. Scholars and PG & UG students deputed by Constituent Units of the KAHER, as part of regular University Curriculum, if the attendance is 100%. However, Rs. 2,000/- as a refundable deposit has to be made. For the absentees 500/- per day will be deducted from the refundable deposit of Rs. 2,000/-.
- For other than KAHER deemed to be University participants, the fee for the course is 6,500/-.