Patients Rights and Responsibilities
PATIENT RIGHTS :
- To be treated with RESPECT and DIGNITY.
- To every consideration of PRIVACY concerning their medical care.
- To expect that all records pertaining to their care are CONFIDENTIAL. Expect when required by law, patients are given the opportunity to approve or refuse their release.
- To access to INFORMATION concerning their care, including their medical records, as provided by the state and federal laws.
- To PARTICIPATE in decision involving their health care, except when such participation is not indicated for medical releases.
- To REFUSE treatment to the extent permitted by law and to be informed of the medical consequences of their actions.
- To receive all information necessary to sign an INFORMED CONSENT prior to the start of any procedure and/or treatment, except in emergencies where their lives or health may be in serious danger.
- To voice GRIEVANCES about their managed care organization or the medical care provided.
- To offer SUGGESTIONS/FEEDBACK for changes in policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the treatment plan recommended.
- To be on time for appointments.
- To inform about your medical history and symptoms.
- Notify if there are any changes in your address and phone number.