About Ethics Committee
The Institutional Ethics Committee is constituted by The Honb’le Vice-Chancellor / Registrar of KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research, Belagavi.
The Ethics Committee of KAHER was established in 2009 in order to formalize and specify the Institution’s commitment to promotion of high ethical standards in patient care, professional education, clinical research and community interests.
Applicable to all clinical trials and academic research, including Bioavailability/ Bioequivalence (BA/BE) studies, Phase I, II, III, IV studies, Non Therapeutic and Non-interventional studies and research projects conducted at KLES Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital and MRC.
All research involving human subjects should be conducted in accordance with three basic ethical principles, which include,
- Respect for persons
IEC members will be appointed by the Hon. Vice Chancellor of KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research in accordance with New Drugs and Clinical Trial Rules, 2019
K.L.E. Academy of Higher Education and Research, Belagavi
Standard Operating Procedures of Ethics Committee
DCGI Registration No.: ECR/211/Inst/KA/201 3/RR-2019
ANNEXURE: 01 VERSION-8
AF/IEC/01/01/V7.3LIST OF STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES
|Sl.No||SOPs||SOP code||Page No.|
|Preparation of SOPs for Ethics committee for clinical studies|
|01||Writing, Reviewing, Distributing and Amending Standard Operating Procedures for institutional Ethics Committees||SOP/01/V8||1-11|
|Constituting the Ethics Committee for Research on Human Subjects|
|02||Constitution of an IEC||SOP/02/V8||12-25|
|03||Confidentiality/Conflict of Interest Agreement||SOP/03/V8||26-38|
|04||Training Personnel and Ethics Committee Members||SOP/04/V8||39-42|
|05||Selection and Responsibilities of Independent consultants||SOP/05/V8||43-47|
|Initial Review Procedures|
|06||Management of protocol submissions||SOP/06/V8||48-62|
|08||Initial Review of submitted protocol||SOP/08/V8||70-96|
|10||Audio Visual (AV) recording of informed consent process||SOP/10/V8||103-107|
|Protocol Amendments, Continuing Review and End of Study|
|11||Review of Resubmitted protocols||SOP/11/V8||108-112|
|12||Review of Protocol Amendments||SOP/12/V8||113-116|
|13||Continuing Review of Study Protocol||SOP/13/V8||117-121|
|14||Review of final report||SOP/14/V8||122-124|
|Monitoring and Evaluation of Adverse Events|
|15||Review of Serious Adverse Events (SAE) Reports||SOP/15/V8||125-132|
|Monitoring Protocol Implementation|
|16||Intervention in Protocol Deviation/Non-Compliance/ Violation||SOP/16/V8||133-138|
|17||Response to Research Participants requests/Complaints||SOP/17/V8||139-146|
|18||Management of Study Termination||SOP/18/V8||147-149|
|19||Site Monitoring visit||SOP/19/V8||150-155|
|Preparation of Review Meeting Agenda and Communication Recor|
|20||Agenda Preparation, Meeting Procedures and Minutes||SOP/20/V8||156-165|
|Managing Study Files|
|21||Maintenance of active study files||SOP/21/V8||166-168|
|22||Archival and retrieval of documents||SOP/22/V8||169-175|
|23||Maintaining Confidentiality of IEC Documents||SOP/23/V8||176-181|
|Evaluating an IEC|
|24||Audit and Inspection||SOP/24/V8||182-187|
Annual Report of IEC-KLE University
2020-Jan to Dec-2020
IEC of KLE University Meeting Schedules-2021
Venue: KLE Site Management Office, KLES Dr.Prabhakar Kore Hospital and MRC, Belagavi
|3.||Saturday/27/ February||11:30 AM|
|5.||Saturday/27/ March||11:30 AM|
|6.||Saturday/17/ April||11:30 AM|
|8.||Saturday/12/ June||11:30 AM|
|9.||Saturday/26/ June||11:30 AM|
|10.||Saturday/24/ Jul||11:30 AM|
|11.||Saturday/21/ August||11:30 AM|
|12.||Saturday/18/ September||11:30 AM|
|13.||Saturday/09/ October||11:30 AM|
|14.||Saturday/30/ October||11:30 AM|
|15.||Saturday/20/ November||11:30 AM|
|16.||Saturday/11/ December||11:30 AM|
|17.||Saturday/25/ December||11:30 AM|
- Above mentioned date and time are tentative
- If the proposed dates are changed due to technical reasons, the fresh dates will be communicated.
- For details of the schedule of meeting you can contact secretariat
- In some cases IEC coordinator may schedule Two meetings in a month
Member Secretary of IEC
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- To be treated with RESPECT and DIGNITY.
- To every consideration of PRIVACY concerning their medical care.
- To expect that all records pertaining to their care are CONFIDENTIAL. Expect when required by law, patients are given the opportunity to approve or refuse their release.
- To access to INFORMATION concerning their care, including their medical records, as provided by the state and federal laws.
- To PARTICIPATE in decision involving their health care, except when such participation is not indicated for medical releases.
- To REFUSE treatment to the extent permitted by law and to be informed of the medical consequences of their actions.
- To receive all information necessary to sign an INFORMED CONSENT prior to the start of any procedure and/or treatment, except in emergencies where their lives or health may be in serious danger.
- To voice GRIEVANCES about their managed care organization or the medical care provided.
- To offer SUGGESTIONS/FEEDBACK for changes in policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the treatment plan recommended.
- To be on time for appointments.
- To inform about your medical history and symptoms.
- Notify if there are any changes in your address and phone number.
Training and Education
|Name of the training||Date||
Dr.Abhidnya.V.Desai- IRB Administrator-TATA memorial Cancer Hospital, Mumbai
Dr.Subarna Roy- Chairman
Dr.M.S.Ganachari- Member Secretary
|2.||IEC SOP Version 7.3/2019||02-Jan-2019||
Dr.Subarna Roy- Chairman
Dr.M.S.Ganachari- Member Secretary
|3.||CITI||2017||Few IEC members|
|4.||New CT regulations (New Delhi, the 19th March, 2019)||01-Apr-2019||Dr.M.S.Ganachari- Member Secretary|
Hon’ble Vice chancellor of KLE University
Chairperson- Non Affiliated
Member Secretary- Affiliated
Dr.Harsha V Hegde- Scientific Member
Dr.P.A.Patil- Basic Medical Scientist
Dr.S.S.Goudar- Basic Medical Scientist
Dr.Nayana Hashilkar- Basic Medical Scientist
Dr.Roopa Bellad- Clinician
Dr.Yeshita Pujar- Clinician
Mrs.Vaishnavi- Social Scientist
Shri.Praveen Hiremath- Legal Expert
Shri.Tammanna Dadu Kore- Lay person
Mrs.Geetanjali Salimath- Scientific Member
| IEC Secretariat
- IEC Submission
- within 21 day of IEC meeting
- Offline or online
- IEC meeting -Presentation From PIs
- Within 07 Working Days
- IEC Decision letter
- Study can be initiated